Sunday, July 10, 2011

A New Watercolor from Artist Karen Quinn




In my local Starbucks store a few months ago, I discovered a display of watercolors from local artist Karen Quinn. Karen has a degree in architecture, and has been a watercolorist for many years. I was especially taken with the piece above, which is a rendering of an outbuilding on the farmland surrounding the area adjacent to Columbia Crest Winery in Woodinville.

Karen and I arranged to meet yesterday at the Woodinville Starbucks store, where we got to know each other a little better. She was extremely happy with being selected by the store to display her work earlier this spring. I was thrilled to walk out of the store with both a latte and this wonderful work of art.

This now resides in my French Country kitchen above the sideboard, where a strawberry-rhubarb pie now cools and fresh Rainier cherries from the Woodinville Farmers Market are fast disappearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment