Tuesday, July 12, 2011

A Bouquet of Summer Flowers





I cooked a lavish, Slow Food dinner for my best friend Liz and her husband last Saturday night, and she brought me this lovely bouquet of pink flowers. The color pink has many meanings in our friendship, and she knew I'd be thrilled with this large bouquet of lilies, Gerbera daisies, and carnations. The stems of eucalyptus send a subtle fragrance through the house.




These flowers set the tone for the grilled Sockeye salmon with an Argentine rub, fresh local asparagus, potatoes, an organic green salad, appetizers with fresh grilled red peppers and Kalamata olive tapenade, and a White Zinfandel. Dessert was a fresh Strawberry Rhubarb pie with my last bunch of home-grown rhubarb, and local Maltby strawberries. We topped it all off with ice cream from the Snohomish Ice Cream Company.








No comments:

Post a Comment