Monday, July 25, 2011

Home Again to a Different Kind of "Slow Life"




Today dawned clear, sunny and hot, and we headed out this morning to the Lake Forest Park Farmer's Market. It's our favorite neighborhood market in the summer, and we cruised through all the booths first before committing ourselves to any fruit, vegetables or flowers.



The apricots from Marysville were our first purchase, and then I moved on to the gardeners selling plants. I got a lovely large hanging shade basket of coleus and impatiens, and two bouquets of flowers, one for the French dining room in red, orange and yellow colors, and one white bouquet filled with "Goose Dust", a flower I had never seen before.



We finished with Blackberry ice cream and lunch at Third Place Books. It was a perfect afternoon, and a great way to finish up a wonderful vacation. I'm glad to get back to my version of The Slow Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment