Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Garden in July



Things are looking good in the garden once July arrived! The warm temperatures and light rains created good conditions for seeds to come up, and my Three Sisters Garden is doing well. The peas are winding their way up the poles I've provided, and the thyme and rosemary have taken over a large part of one raised bed. I planted some Scarlet Runner Beans along the side of the shed, and they should take over the trellis in that area.



In the foreground of this picture, you can see some extra containers I've planted with cucumbers, tomatoes, and mesclun salad mix. I'm hoping it's not too late to get some of these plants to come up and transferred to the bigger raised beds. Keep your fingers crossed that conditions in my favor will prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment